Thursday, September 10, 2009

"I Ain't Settlin'.. For Anything Less Than Everythaaaanng, Yeah.."

I have NOT forgotten I had a blog. I just forgot to update it. (Forgiveness, Forgiveness.. Even if, even if, you don't love me anymore..) Thank you, Don Henley for getting down to the Heart of The Matter. =) So, so many things have been going on that I guess I just forgot to tell you. Well, I'm back, you can love me again, and we can move forward with this relationship. We can even make it official on Facebook if you want. (Just click 'Become A Fan' to the right). See, I'm doing all the work here! hehe.

I love putting my iPod on Shuffle. It's so the best. It plays the good oldies that you might have forgotten about like, Sugarland- Just Might Make Me Believe, Clay Walker- This Woman and This Man, Wade Hayes- In a Chevy, Garth Brooks- Which One of Them, Pink- Like A Pill. Ok, I'm stopping.

In the past couple of weeks I have seen my sister twice, painted my coffee table turquoise, attended the Keith Urban/Sugarland concert, gotten sick, had a bachelorette party, canoed, and played my first writer's night. Painting the table blue was on purpose, singing at a writer's night was not. This is how it went: Me and the boss man go to lunch at Jonathan's and decided to sit on the porch and talk about me becoming a big star and the steps we needed to take. I got my guitar out of the car, sang a few tunes, covers, originals, played some for the staff and the owner, had dinner with the owner (sweetest people ever). So I'm thinking my day is just going awesome. Then we left and went to Dan McGuinness to a writer's night to watch and someone didn't show up to play so Doc asked me if I wanted to play in their time slot. That was a silly question. So I got to sing 6 originals for the first time in Nashville at Dan McGuinness! (I know there will be many more shows, gigs, and writer's nights, but this was the first and worthy of being recognized!) Now I'm thinking my day is just going awesome and lucky. But I know deep down there's no such thing as lucky really.. that's just what we call it when God slips us good things that we deserve. I have to say that Matthew and I are out here trying our best to make a life that we will love every morning when we wake up. He is following his dream too, to be a baseball coach, and I love it. Push the boundaries, break the rules, step outside the box.. that's how I want to live my life. To the fullest. And we both know that if we are sitting behind a desk everyday, we aren't pushing or stepping outside of anything. Now, I'm not saying that isn't for everyone.. this is just our passion. So I believe that I was lucky to get here so quick (or God just made it easy for me to find a place). That's why it's not hard for me to picture big things in the future. I believe it will come with hard work, sacrifice, and thanking Him for every little opportunity I get. I'm so ready for it.

NEW SHOW: THE CARROLL COUNTY MARKET, SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 28th
So, for the ones of you in the Greenwood area, make your reservations because it will be so flippin' fun you can't even imagine. I'm so excited to play for my family and friends close to home and show you all the stuff I've been working on. The CCM is known for its DELICIOUS food, great music, and great times had so come out if you can. There will be some kind of cover charge but I'm not sure how much. That is the weekend of Thanksgiving break so a lot of people will be out and I promise we'll make it worth it. www.myspace.com/carrollcountymarket

Ok, everyone has been asking me to list some more songs that I've found. I love doing this!! (Glad you like it)
  • Matt Kearney- Closer To Love Mindy Smith- What Went Wrong
  • Caitlin and Will- Address In The Stars Tenth Avenue North- By Your Side
  • Joey & Rory- To Say Goodbye Parachute- She Is Love
  • Plumb- In My Arms Reba McEntire- Consider Me Gone
  • Kelly Clarkson- Already Gone Kellie Pickler- Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You

Remember to sign up as a Fan on Facebook so you can recieve special updates, schedules and photos. =)

xxxxxxoooooooo, Maaaeeeee

"Give me one reason to stay here, and I'll turn right back around" - Tracy Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment